International Actors Ensemble (we, us, our) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
Where do we collect your personal information from
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, via the website during product purchase process, subscription to our email newsletter, via our contact form, or by direct contact with us (e.g. email).
- third parties where you have authorised this
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
How we use your personal information
We will use your personal information:
- to verify your identity
- to provide services and products to you
- to market our services and products to you, including contacting you by email
- to bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions (we do not store any credit card information as this is processed through a secure payment gateway).
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
Disclosing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- any other person authorised by you
Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse. We will not sell your information to anyone and will not supply your information to anyone unless authorised by you or required by law.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction. If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at email@example.com. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting). We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints, email firstname.lastname@example.org